Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good evening everyone,

Just would like to write and ask about setting up FTPS.  On all previous installs, we put the provisioning server and Asterisk on premise.  FTP was no big deal.

Working on one right now that I'm going to host, and would like to use FTPS.  I've read somewhere on the docs that this means Implicit SSL, port 990.  Great, I set vsftpd to those settings, tested with filezilla.  works like a champ.

Problem being, keep getting error on the IP550's (multiple) saying it cannot contact the boot server, and using the local configuration.  Tried with IP (not by host name).  Same.  Tried HTTPS (installed nginx quick and setup https vhost).  Tried with self signed x509 cert.  Tried with a cert from startssl.com.  Cannot make any of them work.

Interestingly, if I switch FTPS to FTP, save and reboot, works fine (after I disable TLS, implicit SSL, and port 990 back to 21 in vsftpd).  Switch back to FTPS, stops working.

Once I switched to FTP (not FTPS), phone upgraded to bootrom 4.4.0 and UCS 4.0.4.  Tried FTPS again, no go.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tim

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Tim,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a classic certificate issue.

I suggest you check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications post => here <=

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 17, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup a TLS connection for SIP signaling and / or troubleshoot this?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above shows how to trouble shoot SSL issues. A wireshark via a spanned port also should show you more details.

For additional support please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.