Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Having some FTPS woes with several IP550's

Occasional Contributor

Having some FTPS woes with several IP550's

Good evening everyone,

Just would like to write and ask about setting up FTPS.  On all previous installs, we put the provisioning server and Asterisk on premise.  FTP was no big deal.

Working on one right now that I'm going to host, and would like to use FTPS.  I've read somewhere on the docs that this means Implicit SSL, port 990.  Great, I set vsftpd to those settings, tested with filezilla.  works like a champ.

Problem being, keep getting error on the IP550's (multiple) saying it cannot contact the boot server, and using the local configuration.  Tried with IP (not by host name).  Same.  Tried HTTPS (installed nginx quick and setup https vhost).  Tried with self signed x509 cert.  Tried with a cert from startssl.com.  Cannot make any of them work.

Interestingly, if I switch FTPS to FTP, save and reboot, works fine (after I disable TLS, implicit SSL, and port 990 back to 21 in vsftpd).  Switch back to FTPS, stops working.

Once I switched to FTP (not FTPS), phone upgraded to bootrom 4.4.0 and UCS 4.0.4.  Tried FTPS again, no go.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tim

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Having some FTPS woes with several IP550's

Hello Tim,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a classic certificate issue.

I suggest you check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications post => here <=

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 17, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup a TLS connection for SIP signaling and / or troubleshoot this?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above shows how to trouble shoot SSL issues. A wireshark via a spanned port also should show you more details.

For additional support please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2