Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi we have a VVX410 with a Jabra 9460 connected with a Jabra EHS cable.

Here is the problem :

When we are on a call with the headset and try to hangup either with the headset button (base) or by putting the headset back on it's base, the Polycom keeps the "headset button" flashing green.

We have to press the VVX410 headset button to make it stop.

We have rebooted the VVX and the Jabra base. I rechecked every connexion et redid the Jabra setup and still the same problem.

We never had problems (other users) with that setup before so I'm kind of clueless why this user is having that problem.

We tried another base, did not fix the problem.

Thanks for your help.

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Francois Collerette,

I already replied to that post => here <= and explained what the next steps would be.

To repeat:

• You discovered an issue in this or the older post which requires the involvement of our support department
  • I advise you to open a Service Ticket with Polycom support via the Reseller who sold the phone as End Customers cannot open a Service ticket
  • You should contact the reseller , in the last topic it was Scansource, and work with them

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above explains this in detail as I am unable to provide you support via the Polycom community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello François,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could I kindly ask you if  you ever found a resolution for your post => here <= ? My last advice was to contact Scansource as Scansource is your level 1 support contact for you in this case.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition did you configure the headset mode for the correct headset?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

you're absolutly right.

The version is 5.4.2 (latest)

Yes I doubled checked that the phone was correctly configured and also the Jabra base.

Francois

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

you're absolutly right.

The version is 5.4.2 (latest)

Yes I doubled checked that the phone was correctly configured and also the Jabra base.

Francois

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello François,

Could I kindly ask you if  you ever found a resolution for your post => here <= ? My last advice was to contact Scansource as Scansource is your level 1 support contact for you in this case.

HP Recommended

I just replied to it.

I already had accepted your answer awhile ago.

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

can you help me a little here ?

I tried to comply with all your requested but you're pretty silent.

François

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello François,

HP Recommended

I already replied to that post => here <= and explained what the next steps would be.

To repeat:

• You discovered an issue in this or the older post which requires the involvement of our support department
  • I advise you to open a Service Ticket with Polycom support via the Reseller who sold the phone as End Customers cannot open a Service ticket
  • You should contact the reseller , in the last topic it was Scansource, and work with them

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above explains this in detail as I am unable to provide you support via the Polycom community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for your great support.

We will just stop buying Polycom products.

You have some very nice product but no support for the end user/reseller.

HP Recommended

I struggle to understand your reply.

I have now multiple times explained to yourself that you are , to my knowledge, not an officially recognized or trained Polycom reseller.

Therefore you must work with the company who you purchased the phone from in order to get support.

We cannot provide support via the medium of a open community as we need to deal with private information and details.

In your initial post and now in this post I already told you who we, Polycom, haveshipped the phone to.

All you need to do is contact them and a support case will be raised and your issue investigated and we provide help or RMA the phone in case it is defective.

Your reply instigates that you do not want to do this so there is nothing else I can do further.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.