Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

I am new to Polycom but am pretty reasonable at following directions. I have a Soundstation IP 7000. By following some simple directions, I've found out I have this on it:

---- bootrom 4.3.0.0616  firmware version 3.3.1.09 ---- 

I get that's really old software / firmware. I need newer firmware (or ROM?) for my VOIP service provider.

I am trying to update it over the internet. I am cruising around the Polycom site but not quite sure what to do. (I gather I should do a "combined" update.) I'm trying to get the update directly from the Polycom 7000 through its ethernet cable into the wall/internet service. I am NOT trying to do this by connecting the Polycom to my computer. The reason for that is the following: The polycom 7000 gets power via PoE, so if I connect it to my computer, it won't even turn on. (I tried to connect it to my computer via  an ethernet cable through a USB adapter. Meaning: my computer doesn't take an ethernet cable, so I have to use a ethernet-to-USB adapter to get the ethernet to connect, and well, the IP 7000 won't turn on with that. I have no power cord.)

Any help on steps? If you would like to refer me to a document that can get me from 

(bootrom 4.3.0.0616  firmware version 3.3.1.09) to a more modern setup, I'm happy to follow it. 

Many thanks for anyone's help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @rishik12 ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not host a public server to upgrade these old units from this old software.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The 2nd post in there explains how to update the IP7000. You need to setup a small network at home hosting an FTP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.