Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, my company uses the Soundpoint IP550 handsets throughout our location.  These are linked between the ethernet outlet and the desktop.  Our VOIP service is through Intermedia if it makes a difference.  3 out of 7 handsets are nonfunctional and show "Network is down" on the LCD screen.

Our ISP seems to be working fine and these phones all worked correctly when we left on Friday afternoon.  Has anybody run into this before?  I'm guessing it's a software update or something that only happened on these select phones.  Thank you in advance.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mike,

I am not that familure with the SoundPoint range of phones but there is some information that would be helpful.  What software version are you running on your phones?  Polycom dosen't remotly update phones so any updates would have to be from your SIP provider or done manually.

Have you tried rebooting the phones?  Do the PC's conneced to the phones have network access?

HP Recommended

I believe the software is 2345-12500-001.  We have tried hard and soft reboots to no avail.  The PC's do indeed still have internet connectivity.  I tried calling Intermedia support and after troubleshooting a bit, they seem to think the issue lies with our router and it not recognizing/assigning IP addresses for these particular handsets.

Unfortunately I am not an IT guy and this is above my knowledge/understanding.  My IT guy is of course sick.  Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

As an update, the issue has been resolved.  It was indeed a setting in our router.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.