Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello to anyone who can help!

I have spent MANY DAYS trying to get a VVX 500 with a hosted LYNC provider (itcloudsuite.com) to work.

I am VERY close.

However, I am not able to get ANY inbound audio (I can't even hear my own voice when I call outbound). Everything rings and answers properly. I am using the latest firmware (4.0.2.11307). I have completely disabled my firewall (at least that's what my router says I have done).

I have tried lots of configuration options. Can anyone suggest anything? THANKS!!!!!

here are the entries from my config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.2.11307 21-Mar-12 15:12 -->
<!-- Created 08-10-2012 09:33 -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
  <ALL
device.prov.serverName.set="1"
device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"
device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="1"
device.set="1"
feature.messaging.enabled="1"
feature.presence.enabled="1"
log.level.change.acom="0"
log.level.change.cert="0" log.level.change.sip="0"
log.level.change.tls="0"
log.render.level="0"
roaming_buddies.reg="1" sec.srtp.holdWithNewKey="0"
sec.srtp.key.lifetime="2^31"
sec.srtp.mki.enabled="1"
sec.srtp.mki.length="1"
sec.srtp.require="1"
sec.srtp.resumeWithNewKey="0"
sec.TLS.profileSelection.SIP="ApplicationProfile1"
tcpIpApp.keepalive.tcp.sip.tls.enable="1"
video.iFrame.delay="2"
voice.audioProfile.G7221.24kbps.payloadType="112"
voice.codecPref.G7221.24kbps="5"
voice.codecPref.G7221.32kbps="0"
voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding="0"
voIpProt.SIP.IM.autoAnswerDelay="40"
voIpProt.SIP.mtls.enable="0"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="access.bmcgroup.com"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.transport="TLS"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="sip:msatuloff@bmcgroup.com;opaque=app:voicemail"
msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
reg.1.address="msatuloff@bmcgroup.com"
reg.1.auth.password=<REMOVED>
reg.1.auth.userId="msatuloff@bmcgroup.com"
voIpProt.server.1.address="access.bmcgroup.com"
sec.TLS.customCaCert.1="-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- <REMOVED> -----END CERTIFICATE-----"
voIpProt.server.1.specialInterop="lync2010"
voIpProt.server.1.transport="TLS"
voIpProt.server.1.useOutboundProxy="0"
voIpProt.SIP.nat.ip="76.169.209.196"
voIpProt.server.1.nat.ip="76.169.209.196"
dialplan.1.digitmap="RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT"
dialplan.digitmap="RR+R[2-9]11|0T|RR+R011xxx.T|RR+R[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR+R[2-9]xxxT"
device.sntp.serverName="pool.ntp.org">
</ALL>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello matucia,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware 4.0.2 Rev B or older does not support hosted LYNC or Media Gateways and you would need to work with your Polycom Reseller to get access to the non Public UCS 4.1.0.

For further support with this you would then need to work with a Polycom SE.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

HOWEVER.....I spent the last 2 days calling resellers, distributors, service providers, etc.....Even ones specifically recommended by Polycom Technical support.

Most had never heard of UCS 4.1.0.

Those that agreed with me that it even exists said they cannot get it. Even if I buy brand new phones from them.

Is there any way to bypass this bureaucracy and get the firmware for my three Evaluation phones so that I can see if this solution will in fact work for us? I am being pressured to change our phone solution ASAP, but I cannot go this route unless I can prove that this will work for us.

ANY assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello matucla,

this has nothing to do with bureaucracy.

The UCS 4.1.0 is only released to Polycom Partners as these in conjunction with Polycom SE's will support this release initially.

Please work with your Reseller, who has sold you the Phones, to bring this to the attention of Polycom support so the correct team can be informed and work with you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you again for the feedback.

However, one of your BEST distributors (ScanSource) was attempting to help me yesterday and ran into dead ends. So if my reseller can't get it, and my distributor can't get it, and I can't get it....I would say that I have hit a roadblock.

I am trying to replace our 150 unit Cisco system with a Microsoft Lync system, but want to have a SIP-based "Plan B" in case I don't like the future direction of Lync. The only viable choice seems to be the VVX 500, which is TOUTED as being certified with Lync along with UCS 4.1.0.  And I need to move NOW before my current Cisco contract is up, otherwise I have to renew.

But I can't get UCS 4.1.0. Can't verify it. Can't test it. Can't even see it. I can't even pay for it. What am I supposed to do?

You say talk to my reseller...but I talked to them for many hours....and got only to dead ends (they REALLY tried to help).

Is my only choice to stay with Cisco? Because that is what I am feeling like.

Bottom line: Polycom has a product. I want to buy that product. I cannot find a way to make that happen.

HP Recommended

Hello matucia,

We, Polycom, sell the VVX500 via Resellers with the current Software UCS 4.0.2 Rev B advertised as LYNC compatible.

The currently supported Features within the officially released Version is detailed => here <=

In its current form the functionality is Basic Intolerability as shown => here <=

As already mentioned your reseller should open a case with Polycom support and work it that way.

If all fails please email me via the Forum your Phones MAC address and I will address this internally for someone to work with you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you again.

So far the reseller road has still been a roadblock (I called another one today just to see how I went).

I am aware of the 4.0.2 functionality, but unfortunately that does not work with Hosted Lync (as I believe you pointed out).

I REALLY like the VVX 500, and that is why I am being so "pushy" to get it to work. The HD Voice, SIP compatibility, touchscreen, configurability,etc, are fantastic!

If I can put one of these on every desk at my company, I think everyone wins.

I will send you the MAC address just in case you are able to help in any way.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Follow up from on reseller....

I checked with our
Polycom representative - the latest firmware available to us is 4.0.2b. I'm not
sure what stage of the release process 4.1.0 might be at, but it hasn't made it
to us yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.