Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have configured my asterisk to send the Alert-Info header containing "High Trill".

I have modified the configuration file the 321's boot to:

<polycomConfig ...

<voIpProt> ...

<SIP ...

<alertInfo

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer"

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4"

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="High Trill"

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="6" />

and

<se se.destination="chassis">

<se.rt>

<se.rt.modification se.rt.modification.enabled="1" />

<se.rt.6 se.rt.6.ringer=ringer6 />

I have simply guessed at how the string "High Trill", alertInfo number two and class 6 cause ringer6 to play, but I obviously guessed wrong.

Full Configs available if necessary, but this should be quite simple. I'm sure the information is in the Polycom UC Software Administrator's Guide's 596 pages, but I've been unsuccessful at digging it out.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Wdbarker3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have created a FAQ Post detailing an example on how to do so => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Correction, Phones are IP331, not IP321.

HP Recommended

Hello Wdbarker3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have created a FAQ Post detailing an example on how to do so => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Even with your working example, I managed to get the settings confused. They look so simple, now that they are finished. I fleshed out your example with some other tones. You may want to update your Read/Only FAQ. Actually, me aligning the alertInfo indexes with the class and ringer may lead some folks to think they are related. At a minimum, I'd suggest two tones in your FAQ.

Thanks much!

HP Recommended

Hello Wdbarker3,

thanks for adding the additional ring tones and aligning them in a Configuration file.

I will add a knowledge base entry into our Knova Database and reference your file as an example for easier usage.

Thanks for marking the solution as fixed.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Wdbarker3,

I have added your example to the FAQ and written up more details on how to use the Ringer functionality.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I just got this working on our system.  We use SoundPoint 320's.  We have a distinctive ring for internal, external, and calls that are reached through our directory IVR application.  We're running SIP 3.3.5.0247.  The following was placed in a config file, that is specified in each phones MAC.cfg  file in the CONFIG_FILES section:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.0.26884 09-Sep-11 12:32 -->
<!-- Created 19-09-2011 10:50 -->
<CONFIG>
    <dialplan dialplan.digitmap="5xx|6xx|85xx|[2-9]11|0T|*86|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT"/>
    <msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1" />
    <mwi msg.mwi.1.subscribe="" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.1.callBack="*86" />
  <se>
    <se.rt>
      <se.rt.custom1 se.rt.custom1.name="Low Double Trill" se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer3" />
      <se.rt.custom2 se.rt.custom2.name="Medium Trill" se.rt.custom2.ringer="ringer4" />
      <se.rt.custom3 se.rt.custom3.name="Triplet" se.rt.custom3.ringer="ringer11" />
    </se.rt>
  </se>
  <voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="internal" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="custom1"/>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="external" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="custom2"/>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="directory" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="custom3"/>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>
</CONFIG>

Actually, "normal" external calls, where the caller dials the party's extension, do not set the Alert-Info header.  The "external" alert  type is used when the caller presses "0" for operator, or "1" for sales.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.