Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I really want to use BToE in my office, but my current Hosted PBX vendor, 8x8, doesn't allow me to pair my laptop to my VVX411.  They say it causes a conflict with the MAC address so the pairing feature is disabled.  Sounded fishy so I called Ring Central, they don't support BToE.  Vonage same deal.  

I'm wondering if there is a Hosted PBX out there who would allow me to use BToE or is there actually a networking conflict that prevents me from using it on any Hosted PBX platform?

I'm located in the US, using a couple of 411s, both running 5.6.5.6003

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @sacountry,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

BToE aka Better together over Ethernet is an application used when utilizing Skype for Business or LYNC. 

The providers you mention to my knowledge only offer SIP services.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It seemed like BToE was the right solution for me to access my Polycom station from computer workstation.  I'd like to initiate calls from my workstation which is 15 feet from my desk where I keep my Polycom.  Is there a better solution for remote dialing?  Obviously on the same LAN, not looking for remote dialing via WAN/Internet.

HP Recommended

Hello @sacountry,

Have a look at Polycom Desktop connector instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've tried the PDC, but I'm unable to get it to connect.  The popup on the 411 never comes up despite pressing "reconnect" from the phone.  do you know PDC is supported with the 411?  I couldn't find the supported device information on the website.  Seems like the videos online show it running on the 500 phones.

HP Recommended
Most likely a firewall/network issue. It’s supported on all VVX phones.

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Good to know that it's supported.  I've gone back to troubleshooting PDC now.  I've disabled Windows firewall on my Win7 laptop.  Still can't get the phone pop up to come up after selecting "reconnect".  I've looked at several versions of the UC guides and don't seem to find any troubleshooting tips.  Is there somewhere you can direct me?

HP Recommended

Hello @sacountry,

There seems to be an issue when using a currently supported software like UC Software 5.8.0

I got it working as an example downgrading to 5.0.1

I will update this post once I identified the root cause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I was able to get it working with 5.6.5.6003 and Win7 on my laptop.  VVX411 is wired to the router, the Win 7 laptop connects via WiFi.  It works as it should.  The PDC is  just slightly clunky because my laptop is technically 180 degrees from my registered VVX.  

My only other desire would be to hang an unregistered (I use 8x8) VVX 411 off my registered 411 with a long ethernet cable out the PC port of the registered VVX411 so I could initiate calls from the unregistered VVX at my workstation.  Would a "daisy chain" type configuration be plausible if I used the VVX D60 software config even though I'm technically using another 411 instead of the D60.  Completely out of left field and not a specification intended by Polycom so I get it if it wouldn't work.

HP Recommended

Hello @sacountry,

Great news that you got it working.

I never piggy backed a VVX of another VVX so this is not officially supported but your Software is very old and since UC Software 5.8.0 we support a ObiHai WiFi adapter so this may do what you want.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.