Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone via the web GUI?

ricvil
Occasional Advisor

How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone via the web GUI?

Hi,

I have gone through the FAQ and it clearly shows how to view the Registration status of a Line on the LCD screen, see link below:

How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?

But I could not find a way to view it on the GUI.

The closest thing is via Polling as explained here.

But that does not show me Registration Status, Server, or time until next Registration.  How can I tell if a phone is registered w/o having to bother the customer to navigate on his LCD screen if I have remote GUI access?  I can't think of any other brand of SIP Phone that does not clearly show this on the web GUI.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone via the web GUI?

Hello Ricardo

It is always useful to provide the currently used phone model and software version as this may depend on the answer.

Features that are currently not present can be requested via a Polycom reseller through a polycom sales engineer providing a business case

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
ricvil
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

We have thousands of Polycom phones from different model lines and software versions so my question was a more general one.  But to get more specific how about this one for example:

Phone Model VVX 410
Part Number 3111-46162-001 Rev:A
UC Software Version 5.2.0.8330
Updater Version 5.4.0.8782

Thanks,

Ricardo

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Ricardo

I would suggest your work with your Polycom sales engineer in regards to get access to the REST API

You may have to sign an NDA

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4