Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom,

I am trying wanting to upgrade to the latest software for my polycom phones.  The reason for this is because several feature that our users consider "must haves" have been left not working by our "partner" most of them look like they will be pretty easy fix once I get started, however I'm running into several issues.

1) would like to have the "CFC utility" to see how the current configs convert to the 3.3.2 code base. However when I click on the link it just basically tells me I'm not worthy.

2) Is there or has there ever been documentation for any version or your code that is complete and edited?  I mean instead of a mash-up unrelated documents from different versions and different times calling to each other in very unhelpfully ways?

Anyway enough venting...

I am would like to get the dialplan, message button, and directory provisioned from a central provisioning server. Also I don't quite understand how the reg process changed from the older code to 3.3.2.

Any Help with this would be great.

Thanks

Pete

Oh yea please don't ask me to go though our partner.  I'm in Las Vegas and I fired him and several before him.  I have given up on ever find any local support and have gone to ABP in Dallas for all of our new stuff (I've had really good luck with the Helios doorphones from them, unfortunately they are a SNOM, and grandsteam dealer not polygon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

welcome to the Polycom community.

It is not good news to hear that your Polycom resellers did not satisfy your needs and you should possibly consider calling Polycom directly in order to follow up on this and enable us to find a more suitable reseller for future projects.

In addition you could work with support directly but in some instances a one of Pay per Incident (PPI) fee may be applicable.

This community already holds plenty of Information on the features mentioned by you and you should always try and read the UCS Admin Guide matching the Version of code. Currently for UCS 3.2.2 the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide => here <= holds the most up to date details.

The Link for the cfcUtility => here <= should just ask you to agree and then be able to download. I have also attached the Software to this reply.

Please be aware that the tool only contains parameters for the major UCS 3.3.0 release so additional UCS 3.3.2 Parameters may be removed due the tool not being aware of them.

Subsequently added Parameters are always documented in the Software Release Notes for the newer releases.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

welcome to the Polycom community.

It is not good news to hear that your Polycom resellers did not satisfy your needs and you should possibly consider calling Polycom directly in order to follow up on this and enable us to find a more suitable reseller for future projects.

In addition you could work with support directly but in some instances a one of Pay per Incident (PPI) fee may be applicable.

This community already holds plenty of Information on the features mentioned by you and you should always try and read the UCS Admin Guide matching the Version of code. Currently for UCS 3.2.2 the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide => here <= holds the most up to date details.

The Link for the cfcUtility => here <= should just ask you to agree and then be able to download. I have also attached the Software to this reply.

Please be aware that the tool only contains parameters for the major UCS 3.3.0 release so additional UCS 3.3.2 Parameters may be removed due the tool not being aware of them.

Subsequently added Parameters are always documented in the Software Release Notes for the newer releases.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.