Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset and I'm trying to sync it to my VVX 500 phone. After putting the USB in the back of the phone, the headset icon on the phone blinks blue. I have been unable to make and/or receive calls on the headset.  

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
What is the software version of the phone ?
Are you using the headset key to answer or make a call?

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The version is 5.4.2 and I have tried pressing the headset button on the phone when making and or receiving a call but I can't hear anything.

HP Recommended

Hello afrancis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 19, 2011 Question: What type of Headset's and cables are compatible with my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above leads to Supported USB Headsets for Polycom VVX 500 Business Media Phones (EA 62760)

Looking at this I cannot see the Plantronics Voyager Legend and only find the Plantronics Voyager Pro UC instead.

Using a Plantronics Blackwire C725 instead on a VVX500 running UC Software 5.5.1 I can see the following in the logs:

0104155009|usb  |*|00|Notification: USB device <audio> action=<add> status=</dev/controlC1,/devices/platform/bcm-ohci.1/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/sound/card1/controlC1>
0104155010|usb  |*|00|Notification: USB device <inputdev> action=<add> status=</dev/event2,/dev/kbd/usb/event2>
0104155010|usb  |5|00|invalid device=</dev/kbd/usb/event2/device/name>
0104155010|usb  |*|00|Notification: USB device <hiddev> action=<add> status=</dev/hiddev0,/devices/platform/bcm-ohci.1/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.3/usb/hiddev0>
0104155010|usb  |*|00|USB input device attached: (vendor=0x047f, product=0xc034, version=0x0111)
0104155010|usb  |4|00|USB found HID device: (vendor=0x047f, product=0xc034, version=0x0134)
0104155010|usb  |*|00|USB HID device attached: (vendor=0x047f, product=0xc034, version=0x0134)
0104155010|app1 |3|00|AppEvLclHeadsetAttached
0104155010|app1 |2|00|popupWindow txt1: Digital headset attached txt2: 
0104155037|hset |4|00|(SoCoreHeadsetC::newHeadset) Unknown headset Plantronics C725.

Once I enable the Headset memory:

Nov 19, 2015 Question:How can I enable the Headset memory mode?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

The Headset key now flashes blue and I can make and receive calls.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Since we upgraded the Polycom VVX 500 and VVX 600 to the latest UCS 5.5.1  (5.5.1.15937)

We can no longer use the USB headsets (Plantronics blackwire C725) even though they are in the release notes as compatible.

The USB power is enabled from the phones and we can toggle the headset button on the phone on/off and also enable/disable memory mode for the headsets, but no sound is played back through the headsets. The upgrade seems to have disabled audio playback through the headsets.  I can try and revert back a phone to the previous version and test to see if the headset works again as before.  I notice in the logs you posted in this thread it details 0104155037|hset |4|00|(SoCoreHeadsetC::newHeadset) Unknown headset Plantronics C725..................it's showing as unknown....does this headset work for you using 5.5.1??

Thanks John

HP Recommended
Please open a support ticket via your Polycom reseller

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Reverted back to 5.4.2 and the Plantronics headset is back working thus issue with the latest 5.5.1 release

HP Recommended

Hello John,

if nobody reports this the official way we are unable to check and / or fix this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Have contacted our reseller and they are looking at raising a ticket

Regards

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.