Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Few weeks ago we disabled the 'DND' option on server level by incorporating the following option in the SIP config file:

<sip>
  <voIpProt>
    <server voIpProt.server.1.address=""  voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1" voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.localProcessing.dnd="0" 
</sip>

This disabled the 'DND' option on the agent polycom phones but then started bombarding/overloading the SIP logs with the feature subscribe events. In other words each polycom phone/DN is trying to subscribe to an application feature, resulting in a '489 Bad Event' message. The only way to get rid of these subscription messages is to change the setting to:

<server voIpProt.server.1.address=""  voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd="0"

However that re-enables the 'DND' option on the agent polycom phones which we don't want happening. Please assist me with trying to find a feature control option/setting that would disable the 'DND' option on server level but will not generate the 'Subscribe' requests and '489 Bad Event' messages from every polycom phone. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Farhan

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no other option to do so.

There are plenty of posts about this already that discuss this.

If you require the DND functionality to be a option that can be switch off due employee's abusing this then you need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a feature request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the prompt response. So if I disable 'DND' on global(server) level in order to prevent agents from enabling it, polycoms will continue to generate the SUBSCRIBE (489 Bad Event) messages and there is no setting known to supress such SUBSCRIBE (489 Bad Event) messages?

In other words the only way to stop the SUBSCRIBE (489 Bad Event) messages from generating is to enable 'DND' on global(server) level OR have Polycom Professional Services customize the Disable 'DND' feature in such a way that it would not generate the SUBSCRIBE messages. Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks,

Farhan 

HP Recommended
Hello Farhan,

The phone has two options.

Local DND or Server DND.

Disabling local requires a server and if our server is not compatible it will lead to the messaging you are experiencing.

The FAQ details how you officially request a change to our software.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

have a look at the below new FAQ post:

Jun12, 2013 Question: How can I limit access to certain menu’s?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

This would not require a server based DND option and you simply remove the possibility for users to get to this menu.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I have tried the proposed solution for SoundPoint IP 331 but it doesn't work :(.

Thanks,

Farhan

HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

above is not an awful lot of information or feedback. I did test this myself as I wrote the FAQ post for it so I can only suggest you follow this up the official way.

Contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure you provide details of your currently used software and how you tried to implement the provided solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen

Sorry about the lack of details in my post. I had typed up a whole response with examples but somehow the details got lost on the way to you so I am re-typing:

1) So based on your example I tested by adding the key to the individual config file based on my environment:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- SIP Business Unit Specific Application Configuration File -->
<sip>
  <voIpProt>
    <server voIpProt.server.1.address=""  voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd="0" voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.localProcessing.dnd="0" 

<key key.SPIP331.34.function.prim="Applications" mb.main.home="http://gccws.aa.com:8009/polycom/AAcrew/Customized/Settings.html" mb.main.idleTimeout="10"/>

</sip>

2) In the Settings.html file I added the following:

<html>

<a href="Key:1 Status">1 Status</a>
<a href="Key:Settings">Settings</a>

</html>

Here's where it gets confusing for me. My goal is to disable the Do Not Disturb option found under Features option within the Main Menu. So I tried to re-program it below in the hopes that it if I only specified Status and Settings options, it wouldn't display Features option, thus making it impossible to select it and get to 'Do Not Disturb'. However when I make change in html nothing happens.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,

Farhan

HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

again you have not provided the information what your current software is.

In addition my example is quite clear:

<a href="Key:Status">Status</a>

You decided to use:

<a href="Key:1 Status">1 Status</a>

Instead.

You cannot just change the Key: parameter.

As previously advised, if following the exact example still does not provide you with the tested solution, please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure you provide details of your currently used software and how you tried to implement the provided solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

We are on SIP Version 8.0.401.03 if thats what you mean by software and you already know the polycom version in question.

** The key parameter you pointed out where I had added a 1 was a  typo so please disregard it ** 

Just so that we are clear, I did infact added parameters exactly same way your example stated but it didn't work. Again your example doesn't clearly state how to get rid of 'Do Not Disturb' option which is the main question here.

Thanks,

Farhan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.