Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

1. I am still unaware of your software version as I am unable to see it written down anywhere in this post or I am simply unable to find it.

2. I was unaware that it was a type and assumed this is what is causing the issue

3. I still do not know if your phone is loading the html page and displays the minimized menu via the microbrowser instead of the "original" GUI menu.
    You did not mention any logs or errors

4. I did test this as written in the FAQ and I know it works with the software I have based the FAQ post on and I did test this with an older software.

As now advised on multiple occasions, if following the exact example still does not provide you with the tested solution, please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

1) There are multiple players here. If you're referring to Polycom software then it is: Polycom (R) SoundPoint(R) IP, SoundStation(R) IP and VVX (TM) Software Release SIP 3.2.5. If you're referring to Genesys then it is: Genesys SIP Version 8.0.401.03.

2) Understood and I apologize.

3) Phone is still loading the "original" GUI menu and therefore, is unaffected by any changes made to the html page.

4) Based on the software version I provided, I am not sure if it is consistent with the version you perfomed your test on.

5) I understand that you want me to contact Polycom support for this, therefore you don't have to keep repeating. In each response I give you, I am merely answering your questions or concerns or pointing out certain facts in my testing experience.  

Thanks,

Farhan

HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

the newly specifically created FAQ post => here <= does mention:

• Note: This has been tested with UCS 4.0.0 or later and older software Versions may not offer the same possibilities!

I did twice ask for the version you are using without receiving a reply.

You finally confirmed that you are using SIP 3.2.5 which is quite outdated.

In addition reminding members about the correct escalation path is required as many users simply assume that they receive free support via this community via Polycom.

Please update your phone to a current version as this functionality most likely is not even available in such old software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I hate to sound like a broken record but when you asked me about the software version, you didn't make it quite clear if you were referring to Polycom or Genesys. I did give you the Genesys SIP version first so technically I did answer your question. In any case no harm no foul.

I do see that you performed your test with 4.0 which is definitely not same as the version I performed my test on. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks,

Farhan

HP Recommended

Hello Farhan,

thanks for getting back.

As this is the Polycom community we are mainly interested what Polycom software version is used.

This is also outlined in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum post:

Help the community help you by  including as much detail as possible about the issue, the devices involved (model, software versions, etc), how the devices are inter-connected, configuration, etc. More and clearer details enables the community to assist you better and faster.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.