As now advised on multiple occasions, if following the exact example still does not provide you with the tested solution, please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.
1) There are multiple players here. If you're referring to Polycom software then it is: Polycom (R) SoundPoint(R) IP, SoundStation(R) IP and VVX (TM) Software Release SIP 3.2.5. If you're referring to Genesys then it is: Genesys SIP Version 8.0.401.03.
2) Understood and I apologize.
3) Phone is still loading the "original" GUI menu and therefore, is unaffected by any changes made to the html page.
4) Based on the software version I provided, I am not sure if it is consistent with the version you perfomed your test on.
5) I understand that you want me to contact Polycom support for this, therefore you don't have to keep repeating. In each response I give you, I am merely answering your questions or concerns or pointing out certain facts in my testing experience.
the newly specifically created FAQ post => here <= does mention:
I did twice ask for the version you are using without receiving a reply.
You finally confirmed that you are using SIP 3.2.5 which is quite outdated.
In addition reminding members about the correct escalation path is required as many users simply assume that they receive free support via this community via Polycom.
Please update your phone to a current version as this functionality most likely is not even available in such old software.
I hate to sound like a broken record but when you asked me about the software version, you didn't make it quite clear if you were referring to Polycom or Genesys. I did give you the Genesys SIP version first so technically I did answer your question. In any case no harm no foul.
I do see that you performed your test with 4.0 which is definitely not same as the version I performed my test on. Thanks for pointing that out.
thanks for getting back.
As this is the Polycom community we are mainly interested what Polycom software version is used.
This is also outlined in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum post:
Help the community help you by including as much detail as possible about the issue, the devices involved (model, software versions, etc), how the devices are inter-connected, configuration, etc. More and clearer details enables the community to assist you better and faster.