cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove or Replace configuration file from device

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to Remove or Replace configuration file from device

I recent imported the features.cfg file to my Polycom VVX 500 phone via the Web UI.  Initially it didn't work so I renamed the file with teh nomenclature of MAC address-exception.cfg.  This finally worked.  Relevant code lines below:

"<feature.groupCallPickup feature.groupCallPickup.enabled="0">
    </feature.groupCallPickup>"

I changed the value from "0" to "1" and imported it to enable the groupCallPickup feature.

Now I would like to disable that feature via the same method btu changing "1" back to "0" but it does not seem to work when I import the modified file via the Web UI.

Is there a way to remove/replace the originally imported file?

I already tried factory reset and reprovisioning but it's still holding on to the original file where the feature is enabled.

Model: Polycom VVX 500

UCS Firmware: 5.4.6.4588

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to Remove or Replace configuration file from device

Hello @jdphone,

welcome back to the Polycom community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently.

For your new question are you using a provisioning server ?

If yes then the <mac>-web.cfg file holds this change and is re-loaded whenever you factory default or simply reboot the unit.

You need to delete this prior to factory restoring.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2