Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hello all

i would like some one show me how to upgrade all my phones through my switch box .

Much appreciated

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Syamand and all,

based on the other post's already started by yourselves => here <= the reply is not an easy one.

The switch / SIP solution used, based on other post's, seems to be a Digium sip server.

Not knowing the current software release this solution provisions phones with makes replying to this nearly impossible.

Based again, on all your other started post's, when downloading a new Software it is important to understand any changes required to use the software and follow the additionally needed upgrade steps.

If upgrading from anying older than SIP 3.2.x to UCS 3.3.0 you need to be aware of the following:

With the release of UCS 3.3.0, the configuration files, their respective parameters and defaults, as well as the provisioning methods have been simplified and also extensively modified in comparison to prior releases. THESE CHANGES ARE NOT BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE with configuration parameters used in previous software releases. Before downloading and installing the software, Polycom strongly recommends that you become familiar with the changes described in the Administrator’s Guide for the Polycom® UC Software – 3.3.0 or newer and Technical Bulletin 60519 Simplified Configuration Improvements in Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0.

In addition when upgrading to anything like UCS 4.0.x you need to be aware of the following:

Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.
Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

This is clearly outlined when downloading the software and in the relevant release notes and the community FAQ.

The above must be followed and it must be understood and the SIP server in question must be compatible utilizing:

1. The new UCS 3.3.0 or later configuration Parameters
  2. Provision the phone with the new Software

To answer you original question in a few simple answers:

• Place the new Software on your provision server
  • Convert any existing phone configuration using the cfcUtility
  • Reboot the phone using any of the below methods:

Using CheckSync
    Multiple Key combination
    Power cycle the PoE
    Unplug and plug back the ethernet cable
    Reboot the phone via the GUI

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your answer
Could you please show us how toPlace the new Software on your provision server?

Regards
HP Recommended

Hello Syamand and all,

for the sake of the community and someone finding this post in the future I will make one last attempt on answering your question.

• Polycom does not offer a provisioning server as such!
    Therefore the answer to your question is no.

• Polycom supports (HTTP(s), FTP(s) or TFTP servers protocols to provision your phone(s) but as a user you must setup these yourselves

This is described in the Admin Guide, Support reference material and in addition in details within this FAQ post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
    Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above has now been explained to yourselves in your numerous other post's on more than one occasion.

If your are using a platform like our partners Broadworks or Digium (as an example) they have built in provisioning mechanisms to configure and update our Phones.

If you are using one of these Platforms you must liaise with them in order to verify the following:

• If they support the changes to the configuration files introduced in UCS 3.3.0
  • If they support the changes to the phone upgrade process introduced in UCS 4.0.0

So the solution for yourselves is either (as already explained above):

• Place the new Software on your provision server
  • Copy all configuration files from your current provisioning server to your own provisioning server and convert any existing phone configuration using the cfcUtility.

Or please contact whoever is the provider for your current provisioning platform and work with them.

Form a Polycom perspective all questions have been answered and you have access to various free sources of information within the community (FAQ and Forum Search) or our freely available support documentation.

For any more questions I have to refer you to your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly as you require professional assistance which is not given for free by Polycom employees within this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.