Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to backup contacts/favorites on VVX500

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How to backup contacts/favorites on VVX500

Hello,

I am using a VVX500 (UCVer 5.0.1.4068) in conjunction with ONSIP.

Each time I reboot the phone, I lose all the contacts/favorites.

I understand ONSIP server does not maintain my local contacts/favorites.

I would like to know if there is a way to save/backup my addresses locally?

I have tried the web interface ( utilities ! Phone Backup & Restore ) but it did not restore my local directory/favorites.

thank you.

Ted

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to backup contacts/favorites on VVX500

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if this is caused by your provisioning platform as the parameter dir.local.readonly="1" would prevent any contacts from being saved and therefore reloaded on a reboot.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

As we know nothing about your setup or even your current software version I suggest to setup a local server and then replicate the issue. The phone should upload it's directory.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2