Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Bought polycom 321 ip phone off ebay, and AUTH password is 4 digits wont let me update with my SIP password i was provided by provider, What can i do? 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello TRN123,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

Please contact the seller of the phone.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I HAVE ALL PASSWORDS. PHONE IS LOCKED TO 4 DIGIT NUMBER, WHEN I LOG INTO BROWSER ADMIN, THE AUTH PASSWORD WONT UPDATE

HP Recommended

When i login into admin browser panel for the phone i go to SIP info and the AUTH password is locked, I cannot update with my new credentials

HP Recommended

Hello TRN123,

a good starting point is usually to provide some information about the currently used software Version.

Older Versions, depending on the Browser used, may not update the Web Interface correctly.

In addition if a SIP Password was manually added via the Phone GUI it has a higher priority than the Web Interface password.

I suggest you upgrade the phone to the latest supported Version as described here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Then Factory reset it or do that before the upgrade and then follow this:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Phone Information Phone Model SoundPoint IP 321 Part Number 2345-12360-001 Rev:B MAC Address 00:04:F2:A7:C7:E4 IP Address 192.168.X.X UC Software Version 4.0.2.11307 BootROM Software Version 5.0.2.12692

HP Recommended

I just updated to 4.1.0, How can I update this AUTH password in admin panel? 

HP Recommended

Now saying AUTH password canot be changed becasue set by higher priority, how can i fix this?

HP Recommended

Hello TRN123,

there is no requirement to post or reply to multiple other post's with the same question.

The UCS 4.1.0 Software is for LYNC only and as you are running SIP you should be using the UCS 4.0.6.

Please downgrade your phone to UCS 4.0.6, then Factory default the phone as already advised in my other reply via:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and then program your SIP credentials via:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Please refrain from opening more new post's or replying to other similar post's as I have provided you with all the answers you need.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have tryed to provision, Downgraded UC BOOTROM etc, Added FTP accound with Hosting company and tryed uploading CFG files, used XML to upload cfg file and changed name with MACADDRESS.cfg of phone and nothing works, I CANNOT CHANGE THIS 4 digit PASSWORD LOCKED  I logging into web browser under prov. server the PASSWORD WONT UPDATE! WHAT TO DO NEXT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.