Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to change the Default News Feed in VXX1500 Polycom

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to change the Default News Feed in VXX1500 Polycom

I have Polycom VXX1500 Phone and its S/W version is 3.3.1.095.

The main issue is that i am not able to change the default feed.

I want to change the feed for my Local News but right now its showing the international News.

it is taking the news default feed from "Info Portal". Please tell me how can i change the default feed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to change the Default News Feed in VXX1500 Polycom

Hello Rajesh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The infoportal is just a demo example and very limited.

You can browse from your Computers browser to => here <= and try the config option.

Within this section you can select the features that are offered.

If you want something more custom orientated I advise you to visit our section => here <=

A SDK for the phone is available where you can setup and create your own applications.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your valuable Reply Sir,

I want to add the my Local news In the Polycom VXX1500 but it is using the infoprtal feed.

Please help me to ho wcan i add the my local news feed in this and as per your mail its a demo version.

Please tell me the step that allow me to add the my Local Feed in the Polycom VXX1500.

Thanks &Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Rajesh,

there is no such option in the Info Portal.

This is just a demo portal to show the VVX's capability and you will have to create your own application or get someone to create a application for you.

You or they can utilize the available SDK and the documentation to do so.

You may also want to try to simply point the idle browser of the phone to a Web Page displaying your local news but it will not be automatically formatted to fit the screen.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4