Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Certain providers are picky about what they see.

When polycom phones send a call out, they include metadata and messages in the SIP header.

Question: Can I modify these in any way such as by configuration file or menu?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello nosorp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As you have not provided any kind of useful information nobody will be able to advise you.

Usually we would expect at least the currently used software version and then in addition the part of the SIP messaging that your SIP provider seems to be violating the RFC.

I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello nosorp,

I believe my above light hearted response may have not been that satisfactory.

We, Polycom, do attempt to follow the RFC as closely as we possibly can.

If somebody provides a rather broad statement, as in your case, we do simply require a certain amount of basic information in order to:

1. Verify the Information provided

2. cross check this internally.

Your current statement / post does simply not include enough basic information to look at this.

Usually we would expect at least:

• Currently used Software Version

• The Phone model being used

• A RFC that your SIP Provider believes we are violating

• Some specific kind of information on the Meta Data quoted in your post

• A confirmation of any interoperability testing between your SIP Provider and Polycom

Please update this post any any other posts with at least some minimal update or as advised work directly with our support team as uncountable partners have simply not raised a similar query.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.