Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to disable upgrading firmware from a provisioning server?

Occasional Visitor

How to disable upgrading firmware from a provisioning server?

There is a tftp provisioning server with 4.0.4 software for polycom Sound Station IP 5000.
The phones get tftp address from dhcp option. I upgraded one phone to version 4.0.11 but if the phone is rebooted then software is downgraded to to version 4.0.4
I can't find any option in the phone configuration file to forbid the software downgrade.

Is there any possibility to disable upgrading/downgrading of software for telephone while provisioning?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to disable upgrading firmware from a provisioning server?

Hello syrbuov,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Simply set the Provisioning server to static.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Yes, but in this way I can't update configuration, can I?

Is there any way to disable only the software update but to continue the configuration update?

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello syrbuov,

not knowing how you provision your phone you would simply define in the <mac>.cfg that this part is empty:

APP_FILE_PATH="" 

and that will stop looking for a file.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, it helped.

Message 5 of 5