Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I`d like to "force" a specific screen saver image (provisioned by FTP), for exemple a corporate logo, to my VVX 500 phones.  I use idle screen images for the majority of my phones, but the VVX 500 uses most of the screen real estate to show the extensions or BLF.

How do I ensure my corporate logo is shown when the screen goes into screen saver mode? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

the VVX500 like the VVX1500 supports the Screen Saver functionality via an attached USB Stick.

If you only place 1x Photo into the root directory the phone will load this.

A attached USB Stick is shown as:

USB_Device.png

Once the Screen Saver is active (up.screenSaver.waitTime) the phone loads the phone and shows:

ScreenSaver.png 

This is working as designed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I understand, but that relies on the customer putting in a USB stick with my logo. Rely on the end user is the biggest possible point of failure 😉

Can I preload an image on the ram disk using the provisioning server (like an idle display image on other Polycoms) and use that?

HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

you can utilize the same functionality as on the SoundPoint / SoundStation Phones but as you already noticed the screen display area is limited.

Currently the described method is the only method and working as currently designed.

Please work with your Polycom Reseller to bring this to the attention of a Polycom SE and present a busines plan to raise this as a feature request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.