Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to evaluate the VQMon feaure on a VVX 310 for a single device.

I assume this license check on this feauture is enforced, and I would need a .cfg file on the server with a key ?

If so will the eval site license found ==> here <== contain a VQMon license 

ALSO :- I am using a cloud provider managed provisioning server which only allows me to enter paramters in the format 

name :- sip.reg1.label

value :- user name

Would I be able to enter the license key in that format ? rg 

licenses.licenseKey.serial 

licenses.licenseKey.version

licenses.licenseKey.type

licenses.licenseKey.options

licenses.licenseKey.duration

licenses.licenseKey.validation

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

when you purchase the license file for either an individual or a group of phones Polycom will provide you with the licence key file.

There are no configuration parameters that can be used and the feature only works with SIP and not LYNC just in case you plan to use LYNC / Skype for Business.

I advise you to check this FAQ post in regards files:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello shahed100

The evaluation license does not contain a license for Voice Quality monitoring and a license must be loaded once from a provisioning server in order to be applied to the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, but how exactly do I load a license on the provisioning server ?

My provisionig server does not let me upload xml files, so I can setup my own ftp server, but can I just create a <mac>-license.cfg file on my ftp server ? 

Or do I need to setup all the files including firmware donloads / 0000000.cfg etc etc ?

I tried to set key / value pairs in the Nuvia cloud platform for 

licenses.licenseKey.Duration etc etc but either that is not the format for the key/value pairs or something else is wrong.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

when you purchase the license file for either an individual or a group of phones Polycom will provide you with the licence key file.

There are no configuration parameters that can be used and the feature only works with SIP and not LYNC just in case you plan to use LYNC / Skype for Business.

I advise you to check this FAQ post in regards files:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks, but the answer which I was really looking for were instructins on how to upload the file to the licensing server, which I think I have now figured out.

I need to switch between my own ftp server, let the phone download 000000-license.cfg, but then if I want to switch back to the cloud provider I need to reset to factory and that causes my license to disappear...

I guess I will have to find a way to fix that by setting up everything myself or asking my provider to upload a licese file.

BTW, VQMon trial *IS* included in the eval site license.

HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

thanks for the heads up in regards of the test license also containing a VQmon license as this was not the case in the past.

A license should stay on the phone as it will only be loaded once.

You can test this by applying the license and then pointing the phone back to your providers provisioning server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Yes I already tried that, and was ** suprised**  to see the license disappear because from previous posts on this board, it looked like the licese would not be wiped out....

I also tried doing a device config reset as opposed to a full factory reset .... but just that seemd to point me back to my cloud provider = good .. but also wiped out the config....

It looks like <license></license> tags cannot be put in the <mac>.cfg file... but rather need a separate file .

So I am working with my provider to upload the file for my MAC address

OR 

I will just setup all the config myself which would give me greater control ....

I can see the cloud providers config by changing the provisioning server, and hitting "upload configs" ...

Thanks again !!

HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

as already mentioned there are no License configuration parameters to load a license.

The phone, as already highlighted in an posted FAQ topic, will always try and load a <mac>-license or a 00000000000-license file.

I would suggest you open a Support ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen !

Yes that ansers all my questions. .and I did mark the topic as answered as well 🙂

Thx

Shahed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.