Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a client who just had their firmware updated.

They began complaining that the messages button lost it's functionality and now has several more steps.

They want it to directly initiate the messages number without having to press several other buttons.

I hunted through the sip 3.0 manual, it referees to:

msg.bypassInstantMessage

I set this to "1", they rebooted.

It is closer but still not as they had it.

Now when they press "messages", it does bypass the "message center" softkey, but still doesn't launch right away. It instead makes them press "connect" on another softkey.

How to set this as they had it before?

Google came up dry.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello fixit,

you have so far not responded or provided feedback to any of the other post's that you started or commented and therefore prevent other users utilizing the Community search to possibly find a solution for a similar issue.

We request in the FAQ that a poster provides their currently used software and their phone type and you have so far failed to do this.

As you mention a client of yours is experiencing this I would suggest you contact Polycom Support in order to receive the correct attention to the issue that you or your customer is experiencing but you may be asked to pay for PPI (Pay per Incident).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I meant ongratuate Polycom on the spirit of openess, in finally providing a message board so that buyers can hash out our issues.

In answer to your question, we are still trying to get the users online, as was the case for this post.

You see, the resolution for that previous issue was "upgrade to the 3.3.X" branch. Polycom apparently maintains both 3.2 and 3.3 branches.

We'll provide data as we gather it, in order to help those with similar issues.

HP Recommended

Did anyone come up with a solution to this? Got the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello hpinc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you provide some more details on the Phone Model used or the Software used and if you have tried the suggested Parameter mentioned by fixit?

The Parameter bypassInstantMessage actually works only for phones that have a physical message button and are not applicable for SoundPoint IP 32x and 33x.

The new UCS 4.1.0 Admin Guide contains this as an corrected Information.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.