Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Anyone has register Polycom CX5500 in Call Manager 10.5 as SIP Phone device.

Please let me know or send me doc link to register CX5500 in CUCM 10.5.

Thanks

Regards,

Koushal Pandit

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello  Koushal Pandit,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have not officially certified the CX5500 with a Cisco CUCM but the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 17, 2014 Question:

Can I deploy Polycom® SoundStation® IP Conference Phones with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)

?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above should be applicable to the CX5500

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply..

Actually we did one CX5500 for the same , and it registered.

But for the second one we are unable to register, in the polycom logs we did find 404 not found error.

Polycom Firmware Version : 5.2.0.8580

Kindly help us for registration of Polycom.

Regars,

Pandit

HP Recommended

Hello  Koushal Pandit,

Please follow the above guide as it describes everything in detail.

A 404 error usually means you have the username / password wrong.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You wouldn't possibly be able to post the configuration (or at least part of it) of the polycom. I am getting a rejected status from the CUCM and I have followed everything that I could from the sound station setup. Company really needs to get these configured and of course Polycom or Cisco support wont help.

HP Recommended

Hello jshields,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above post and the SoundStation guide explain in detail how to register to the CUCM. 

I have been personally involved designing the SoundStation Guide and the relevant testing against the CUCM so I know it works.

If you simply follow exactly the guide using the sstvoipuser and 4100041 it will work.

Most people stray from the Guide and it will fail.

The important part on the Polycom end is:

• The Address in the Polycom Identification field is the Directory Number on the CUCM side
  • The Authentication User ID in the Polycom Identification is the User ID on the CUCM side
  • The Password in the Polycom Identification is the Digest Credentials on the CUCM side

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

i followed same steps not registering.. attached log

HP Recommended

Hello samtm123,

You did not attach anything but the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above should enable you to verify that you are using the correct user and the only other thing that could go wrong would be the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.