Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Many "persist" options are well documented:

voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1"
voice.volume.persist.handset="1"
voice.volume.persist.headset="1"

However, some are not:

1) persist brightness

2) persist background image

How might this be done? I have searched the internet, but only unanswered questions are at the top of the serps. This will affect sales.

SIP version: 3.2.6

Phone: SoundPoint IP 450

(Note: In the past for many of my posted questions, various individuals have given the blanket fallback advise "you need to upgrade the sip firmware". In most of the cases, it was merely a setting which needed to be adjusted and upgrading firmware would have done nothing.

Also I have read exaggerated reports of the settings and API being radically different from 3.2 > 3.5 > 4.0, testing has proven otherwise. All indications point to the config files being split up, but their content remaining 99% as before.)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello nosorp,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The only individual that has so far replied to your post's => here <= was myself.

None of these replies included the information to update your firmware and both post's are still unanswered or have not been updated with the basic minimum required information.

Could you please be so kind and follow up your old post's and we can then proceed looking at your issue in this post.

In regards of changes to the Software and configuration since UCS 3.3.0 and the follow up UCS 4.0.0 they are very well documented and once you try and attempt to download these you are presented with:

1) Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

2) With the release of UCS 3.3.0, the configuration files, their respective parameters and defaults, as well as the provisioning methods have been simplified and also extensively modified in comparison to prior releases. THESE CHANGES ARE NOT BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE with configuration parameters used in previous software releases. Before downloading and installing the software, Polycom strongly recommends that you become familiar with the changes described in the Administrator’s Guide for the Polycom® UC Software – 3.3.0 or newer and Technical Bulletin 60519 Simplified Configuration Improvements in Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.