Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

(Sorry this was originally posted in the wrong forum, I have moved it here)

My apologies for asking this question here, however I have no reseller or authorized agent to turn to for this question.

We currently have 20 Soundpoint IP-650 phones running on PBXInaFlash.

The beginning of this issue was when we upgraded from the older 3.x firmware to 4.0.1B.

The conversion and update all went smoothly and everything works great, except we have introduced a new problem.

Each phone has a couple BLF keys for monitoring other extensions. We don't care about direct call pickup or any advanced BLF features, just to be able to view the status of the phones.

What we are now experiencing (This didn't happen with the older firmware) is that on an incoming call to the ring group, the telephone screens display what I am assuming to be all the sip HINT messages.

So for instance if there is an incoming call, each phone will show for example 5 different call displays

The first being the correct

"John Doe" 555-555-1212

But then the rest are all...

sip:200@10.10.10.10

sip:201@10.10.10.10

sip:202@10.10.10.10

(These are just examples, but it essentially displays the incoming caller ID for each of those BLF monitored extensions.)

How do I turn this off? I want to keep the BLF functionality, but I just don't want to see all the extra dialogs.

Any help would be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello voxframe,

have you looked into the attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal Parameter ?

Quote from the UCS Admin Guide:

If 1, the normal or automatic call appearance is spontaneously presented to the attendant when calls are alerting on a monitored resource (and a ring tone is played). If 0, the call appearance is not spontaneously presented to the attendant.

Above Parameter is set to 1 as a standard.

Please work with your reseller and/or Polycom Support (PPI may occur)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello voxframe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you attempt to replicate this in UCS 4.0.2 Rev B we have just released and then provide a bit more Information.

Are these new units or older than a year ?

Did this not occur in UCS 3.3.x or SIP 3.2.x or older?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'll try to upgrade to 4.0.2B and see what happens.

Yes the units are older than 1 year.

We were previously on 3.2.x and the problem did not occur.

Thank you very much for the help. I will reply with my results of 4.0.2B.

HP Recommended

I can now confirm that firmware 4.0.2B does not fix the issue.

I think this is semi-expected behavior as it is detailed in the following FAQ article.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Busy-Lamp-Field-for-SoundPoint-IP-supported-Phones-on-a/td-...

If you look at the screenshot below (2nd shot) that is exactly what I am seeing.

Except I see the main Call ID come in for the call, PLUS the "To sip:200@10.10.10.10" for each of the BLF keys I have.

So in the end it's like 1 call arrives, but the display shows as many as BLF keys that I have.

(So the receptionist with a sidecar and a dozen BLF keys gets absolutely bombarded and her caller ID screen is useless)

I think my fix is to find a way to disable the phone from displaying the HINT/INFO that it recieves from the PBX. It still needs to process the info for BLF to work, it just needs to keep it off the screen.

Thanks again for any help!

HP Recommended

Hello voxframe,

have you looked into the attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal Parameter ?

Quote from the UCS Admin Guide:

If 1, the normal or automatic call appearance is spontaneously presented to the attendant when calls are alerting on a monitored resource (and a ring tone is played). If 0, the call appearance is not spontaneously presented to the attendant.

Above Parameter is set to 1 as a standard.

Please work with your reseller and/or Polycom Support (PPI may occur)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That did the trick!

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

We are having the same issue, do you have a guide on how this was fixed please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.