Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After placing an outside call, the Polycom plays a dial tone for a couple of seconds and then the call is placed.  I understand that this is a confirmation tone to let you know that the digits were sent to the PBX, but I'd like to turn it off since our TDM customers aren't familiar with hearing that sound.

I couldn't find where to change this setting in the config.xsd file. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello rosenstr,

did you ever follow up this issue => here <= as suggested ?

I am not really sure what scenario you are describing above as the phone would not create a confirmation tone or anything similar.

If you are dialing off hook the phone would play a local dial tone. If you are placing a call on hook nothing would be played and the phone sends the digits in one string to the server and then plays a local call progress tone or any tone send from the network.

Maybe a video would help.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen -

Here are more details...  if I dial off hook an outside number, I first get dial tone which is expected.  But then after I dial all digits, for example: 9nnn-nnnn  I get a second tone (sounds like dial tone) for about two seconds and then the call connects and starts ringing the called party.  I'm thinking that this second tone is a local call progress or a tone send.  Only the Polycom plays this second tone, and I was wondering if we could turn this feature off.  It's not a normal tone that our customers expect to hear after dialing a number.

I hope this this description makes sense...  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello rosenstr,

without seeing your config I am guessing this is the Digitmap where by using a comma you can add a second dial tone.

Details can be found in the Admin Guide or in detail here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My digimap isn't using a comma after the number is dialed.  We dial a 9 to get an outside line, so I do use a comma after a 9 is pressed.  So in actuality when we take the phone off hook, we get dialtone.  When we press 9 we get a second dialtone.  Then when we dial 7 more digits for a local call we will get a thrid dial tone at the end and the call then completes.

Here is our digimap:

0T|911|9911|[1-8]xxx|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9211|9711|9811|9[2-9]xxxxxx|*72,9xxxxxxx|*72,[1-8]xxx|*73|*11|*13|*12xxxx|9011xxx.T|900T|9[0]T

I marked in red the part of the digimap that handles the 7-digit local calling.  I also have preceding it in the digimap where the 9,1 (I look for a 1 to denote long distance).

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hello rosenstr,

this may be the network sending a 183 with SDP or similar.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller on this after checking the VoIP troubleshooting section within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.