Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Hunt Group Limitations Question in VVX D230

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hunt Group Limitations Question in VVX D230

Hey Steffen, I have gone through the install guide, data sheet, tech spec, tech guide and new firmware guide but havent found the answer to my question yet and it is holding me back from a bulk purchase.

Reference: using Asterisk

After doing a large deployment of Yealink D60s in which they claim 8 lines 8 simultaneous calls we come to find out that the D60 Base Station has a limitation of only 4 lines "inbound" will ring simultaneously in a simple huntgroup the other 4 send a reject notice.

So before I go hog wild with replacing all of these with VVX D230's I need to know if support can confirm that all 8 registered lines will ring simultaneously in a huntgroup and that there is no Base Station limitation on handling 8 simultaneous "Inbound" calls.

Thanks,

Rich

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hunt Group Limitations Question in VVX D230

Sorry you can trash forum Subject, I am sure you will refer me to my reseller Partner, I am on line with them now to get an answer from Poly. TEch.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Hunt Group Limitations Question in VVX D230

Hello @RIch-Telegia ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You are limiting the answers you can get if you address a topic to a specific individual rather than the community itself.

In addition, I am unsure what the reference to a Yealink D60 has to do with a post in a Poly community.

The Poly VVX D230 according to the Datasheet >here< :

• Provides a powerful and expandable solution by supporting 10 handsets per base, 8 lines and 8 simultaneous calls

I also checked this with our Product Manager:

• We do support 8 Simultaneous inbound calls on 8 different handsets. Basically each handset is handing 1 call. The above is also true if you only using narrowband codec. We only support 5 concurrent calls if you are using wideband audio.

We do not support hunt group locally on the device. We will ring all the handsets assigned to the respective number.

Any follow up questions feel free to post to the community or work with a Poly reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3