Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello there I need help please I have Polycom 650  handset and I have lost all the settings for the phone it keeps comming up with this message 0004F214579acfg

I cannot even connect to the software via the IP address

Its brilliant phone I just hope I can get it working again

The display

Phone IP Addr is blank

Subnet Mask is also blank

Any help would be great

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello ukgreetingcards,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It sounds like you have some network issues and you may need to manually assign a IP address once DHCP is being deactivated on the phone.

I am not fully sure you posted the correct error message either.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Most likely above is what you are seeing and I would suggest you spend some time in the FAQ section to re-provision your phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your e-mail but you have not really helped me the code I gave you is correct what it said on the screen

0004f214579a.cfg

my question is how do I get the config file back there on the phone, as I have little knowledge on this I really do not want to get rid of the phone as it did work brilliantly

I have the IP address for the phone via my router but the config file is all messed up

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

the Community FAQ contains the instructions on how to install / update software on the phone and also how to register to a SIP switch.

All Information can be found there.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there

Thanks could you give the link for this page do I need to download anything to get this to work

Also is it is to do I am running mac with windows running on it

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

the Community FAQ can be found => here <= and was already a link in my original reply.

You will need a FTP server software that is compatible with a MAC computer.

The rest is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.