Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

I Need Urgent help With Polycom Soundpoint 650

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I Need Urgent help With Polycom Soundpoint 650

Hello there I need help please I have Polycom 650  handset and I have lost all the settings for the phone it keeps comming up with this message 0004F214579acfg

I cannot even connect to the software via the IP address

Its brilliant phone I just hope I can get it working again

The display

Phone IP Addr is blank

Subnet Mask is also blank

Any help would be great

Michael

Regards Michael
UK Greeting Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: I Need Urgent help With Polycom Soundpoint 650

Hello ukgreetingcards,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It sounds like you have some network issues and you may need to manually assign a IP address once DHCP is being deactivated on the phone.

I am not fully sure you posted the correct error message either.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Most likely above is what you are seeing and I would suggest you spend some time in the FAQ section to re-provision your phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your e-mail but you have not really helped me the code I gave you is correct what it said on the screen

0004f214579a.cfg

my question is how do I get the config file back there on the phone, as I have little knowledge on this I really do not want to get rid of the phone as it did work brilliantly

I have the IP address for the phone via my router but the config file is all messed up

Michael

Regards Michael
UK Greeting Cards
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello Michael,

the Community FAQ contains the instructions on how to install / update software on the phone and also how to register to a SIP switch.

All Information can be found there.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi there

Thanks could you give the link for this page do I need to download anything to get this to work

Also is it is to do I am running mac with windows running on it

Michael

Regards Michael
UK Greeting Cards
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hello Michael,

the Community FAQ can be found => here <= and was already a link in my original reply.

You will need a FTP server software that is compatible with a MAC computer.

The rest is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Message 6 of 6