Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Set up a new Polycom Soundstation 4000 today.It came with zero information on how to set it up beyond, essentially, plugging it in. Did that. Waited for it to boot. Got IP address and went to PC to figure out how to configure it. Googled for info and found a site that walked me through it. Realized too late that it was some VoIP provider that was giving me their details. Nevertheless, I followed the instructions and it seemed to work.

But now, no matter what number you dial (it does provide a dial tone) it comes back with a fast busy signal. Somebody please help! We are a small start up and have no IT people on board - I am it.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Tia,

I understand your frustration but the person who sold you the phone is responsible to support you. If they are unable to do so then they need to raise a ticket with Polycom support.

This is the support process that is in place for end customers.

Both links that I have provided you are simple enough for a non technical person to get back and confirm if they have checked this or what the registration icons look like.

You have not done so or commented on this.

Please check the two posts again as in my years of experience to support our products these two are the minimum troubleshooting steps.

In addition if you are really still struggling our call centre would usually either provide you with the details of the Polycom reseller who sold the Polycom Partner this phone or offer you PPI for non entitled support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Tia,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A very good place to start is the FAQ and these posts here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

If this is a new unit then your Polycom reseller should also be able to support you with the product you purchased from them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks. I have looked at all the FAQ's - no help there. I called the reseller for tech support, they gave me Polycom's #. Polycom tech support person told me to call my Internet carrier. Called Frontier Communications, my internet carrier, they told me they had no clue what I was talking about and I should call Polycom. I'll be honest, I'm frustrated enough to send the whole thing back and buy a product that actually provides technical support and customer service.

What kind of stupid marketing tactic is it to ship a device like this with zero instructions on how to set up and configure?

HP Recommended

Hello Tia,

I understand your frustration but the person who sold you the phone is responsible to support you. If they are unable to do so then they need to raise a ticket with Polycom support.

This is the support process that is in place for end customers.

Both links that I have provided you are simple enough for a non technical person to get back and confirm if they have checked this or what the registration icons look like.

You have not done so or commented on this.

Please check the two posts again as in my years of experience to support our products these two are the minimum troubleshooting steps.

In addition if you are really still struggling our call centre would usually either provide you with the details of the Polycom reseller who sold the Polycom Partner this phone or offer you PPI for non entitled support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks. I'll keep going through the links you posted and get to the bottom of things. I appreciate the responses!

By the way, my name is not TIA (that's forum speak for "Thanks In Advance".  😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.