Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

I just want to change my 000000-directory.xml on 3 phones, can I do this on the web interface?

Occasional Visitor

I just want to change my 000000-directory.xml on 3 phones, can I do this on the web interface?

I've created a custom 00000000-directory-xml, I'd like to know if there's a way to just upload this to 3 phones (I have about 10) and can it be done via the web interface?

If I must use a provisioning server, what's the minimal file structure required to provision JUST the 000000000-directory.xml file?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: I just want to change my 000000-directory.xml on 3 phones, can I do this on the web interface?

Hello pigeonflight,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide the currently used Phones and in addition the current Software Version.

Based on providing above Information an answer can be provided.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains in detail how to use the 000000000000-directory.xml that is currently only provisioned on the first boot up.

Every change or follow up is via an individual <mac>-directory.xml

To answer your original query, if you are using a SPIP phone and are running for example UCS 4.0.4 you can use the Web Interface:

SpeedDialWebInterface.PNG

You may also want to consider a Corporate Directory instead:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

For any follow up queries please ensure to consult the FAQ first.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2