Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
We have a Polycom SP IP 321 phone that we got from our previous VOIP provider and they sent it to us completely configured and we have now switched to a new VOIP provider.

Since I wasn't able to change anything (although the admin password was still the factory 456) I followed the Polycom instructions on how to set the phone to the default factory settings...however now it's stuck in a boot-loop saying "error, application is not present!" every time it tries to re-boot.

The only options available to me are "Setup" and "About" and I'm really not sure what to do or what to enter.

I've tried looking through the Polycom documentation but it just confuses me.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to set up our phone and/or at least what information I need and where to get it?

I'm really new at this and I need simple set-by-step help.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Tom
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Tomorr,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!

OK, I've tried to reach the phone using Internet Explorer with IP address at 10.0.1.4 and I get this message:  Can’t reach this page

This website could not be found.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

So using the phones GUI...

I entered the Server Address: 10.252.75.116

Server User: 410b

The password is there **** so I don't know what that is.

Then I reboot and get the following Messages:

Uploading Log File (this message stays on for a long time)

Waiting for Network To Initialize

Updating (this message also stays on for a long time)

...2360-001.bootrom.Id

Please Wait

Could not connect to boot server

Rebooting

...and then it continues to loop.

What an I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tom

HP Recommended
Hello @Tomorr,

Did you read the FAQ I posted ?

The information is all there and can be followed

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, I have followed the FAQ you posted exactly (I had even tried that initially before posting)... numerous times and I continue to get the same message "application not present" and the same boot loop.

Thant's when I tried what I last sent, which was the provisioning FAQ referrenced at the end of the FAQ you posted.

I just went back again to the FAQ you posted again, reset exactly and I continue to get the same message "application not present" and the same boot loop.

Sorry but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hello @Tomorr,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

• Did you download and install FileZilla FTP Server?
    yes or no

• Did you download a compatible software for your Phone and unzip into a Directory?
    yes or no

• Did you create a username and password and use the IP address of your PC where you installed the FileZilla Server and utilize these credentials on the Phone to logon to the FTP server?
    yes or no

The whole community and the Internet are full of posts and instructions which can be followed to install the software on the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.