Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am able to recieve calls, but I cannot dial out. The phone automatically sends the busy tone once i finish dialing the number.

I noticed that my UCS is ver 3.2.3.1734 and read that upgrading it might solve the problem.

I followed the steps in [FAQ] How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Downgrade Software?, but it will not connect to Filezilla. I used the Filezilla ip address that was presented in cmd: ipconfig.

I have been reading countless of threads and I cannot seem to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

edit: adding more info

My current specs:

sip            3.2.3.1734 

bootrom  4.3.0.0246

Contents in Filezilla:

ucs           4.1.1

bootrom  4.4.0b

boot server:  static

server type:   ftp

server addr:  192.168.1.133

phone ip:       192.168.1.135

please tell me if i need to provide any more info.

edit 2:

just realized my firewall was blocking access to Filezilla, the phone is updating right now

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After provisioning to 

Updater: 5.1.0.85063

SIP ver:   4.1.1.0260

My line is registered, but I cannot dial out. When i finished dialing a sample number like 411, it will give me a busy signal. I am able to recieve calls though. Any help would be appreciated.

Final Update:

The reason I was not able to make calls was because the free getonsip.com account does not allow outbound calls to a PTSN.

I was using getonsip.com and ipkall.com to do a trial run using a voip phone.

The ipkall account gave me a number that attaches to the getonsip account, but get on sip only allows incoming calls from PTSN.

I guess I have to purchase a sip account to do a real trial run. I would like to leave this info up just in case someone else searches for an answer. 

HP Recommended

Hello huey,

welcome to the Polycom Community. Great that you got this working.

Just as a follow up for you and others having the same issue and finding this post via the community search.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Also for issues with dialing numbers check the digitmap FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.