Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 335 - Headset doesn't work

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

IP 335 - Headset doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I have a SoundPoint IP 335 for my home office. I am trying to use a Jabra GN2100 headset with an RJ-9 connector. The headset works fine at the office on a Cisco IP Phone but it won't work on the Polycom. Is there something I need to do first to enable it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 335 - Headset doesn't work

Hello ggariepy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you follow the User Guide on page 18 => here <= ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I followed the instructions. I can't hear anything in the headset. I have tried the headset on another phone and it works fine.

Regards

Gilles

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Giles,

did you test this with another Polycom SPIP335 or another make of phone?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the headset works fine on my work office IP phone, a Cisco 7490. I just plug it in and it works. Not with my IP335.

Thanks

Gilles

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I got the same headset and phone and having same issue. Any fix for this?

Message 6 of 6