Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are having an issue provisioning some Polycom phones. They are stuck updating to the newer version of the SIP firmware it seems. There are no items being logged to the log files so troubleshooting has been difficult. At this point, for the IP 335 we have in our TFTP directory:

2345-12375-001.sip.ld

2345-12375-001.bootrom.ld

mac.cfg

sip.cfg

Our tftp logs show it downloads the bootrom file, then downloads the sip.ld file. After it downloads the sip.ld file, the phone displays "Updating" (no progress bar) and it will sit here for about 10 minutes until it just simply reboots and tries updating again.

I can't verify what version we are running because I cannot access the menu but it should be bootrom 4.1+, not sure about the sip version.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I actually was able to log into the web inteface by removing the firmware files from the tftpserver:

SIP Software Version 3.3.3.0069

BootROM Software Version 4.3.1.0440

HP Recommended

Hello caesar305,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the the details of the software version you would like to upgrade to as an answer may rely on this.

It could also be that a local firewall or the TFTP tool itself is causing the phone not being able to download the software correctly.

I would suggest you use FTP instead so you can see the app and boot log files being uploaded.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I apologize, I forgot to include the firmware we are updating to. I have tried a few thinking that maybe the firmware was too new and could not upgrade from 3.3 to 4.1. 

The current firmware on our tftp server is: UC Software Release 4.1.1.

The firmware files are being downloaded correctly, there is no firewall in between the server and phones,everything is on a local network. I am viewing the TFTPD logs and also ran a packet capture to ensure that the phones are downloading the configs and firmware. On our newer phones we purchased recently that have a newer firmware applied we do not seem to have these issues (IP 650 and some 335's we just purchased recently) they automatically upgraded to the latest version on our server.

HP Recommended

Hello caesar305,

UCS 4.1.1 is not the correct software if you want to use SIP.

UCS 4.1.1, as stated in the release notes, is for LYNC only.

If you are running SIP you must use UCS 4.0.7 as the latest software.

As described in the above article upgrading from UCS 3.3.x to UCS 4.0.x requires an interim step. This is all detailed in my FAQ post and also in the document highlighted when you are attempting to download the software.

Without this the phone will not upgrade.

Please follow these guides and if you are still having issues work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.