Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 335 with Juniper EX switches

JM
Occasional Visitor

IP 335 with Juniper EX switches

We have about 120-140 Polycom 335 IP phones distributed across a Juniper EX4200-48PS Virtual Chassis [aka stack] running JUNOS 12.3R7.    The switches are configured with dual 930W, a power budget of 740W, LLDP and LLDP-MED at the interfaces. Switch with the highest populariton of phones has only used 125W. 

Intermittently, we lose an entire switch of phones for no apparent reason.  The switch does not lose power or reboot, it just seems to lose connectivity to all of the phones on 1 switch.  We have upgraded code [twice], logged everything possible to match timestamps for outages, basically exhausted all we know with the switches.

So, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced simiar symptoms using 335/550 and Juniper switches. 

SoundPoint IP 335

Assembly: 2345-12375-001 Rev:A

Bootblock: 3.0.2.0024

BootROM: 4.3.1.0440

Application Main: SIP Ver 3.3.3.0069

Components

PolycomDSP Titan Mem1 FS10 Ver 5.1.2.0003

Thanks.

Jeffrey

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 335 with Juniper EX switches

Hello JM,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 3.3.3 is no longer a supported Platform so I advise you to upgrade to the latest UC Software 4.0.8

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you still experience issues after this you may want to work with Jupiter support and also involve your Polycom reseller so they can raise a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2