Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it possible to disable DTMF functionality on a Soundstation IP 5000 through the web interface?

Or via the phone itself?

If not, how is it done?

We don´t use config files.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

as prior reminded in your other post it is always useful to post the current software version when requesting help in the community as the answer often depends on the version used.

• If using anything prior to UCS 4.x.x the answer is no

• If using UCS 4.x.x or later then the answer is yes.

From the FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you follow up this and your other post so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

See picture from the web browser for versions.

So it seems that we cannot change via web browser.

How will we do this then?

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

above links outline that you can only load a configuration via the web browser if you are running UCS 4.x.x.

As you shown in the attached you are running UCS 3.3.x you can either update your phone or setup provisioning server.

Both is described in the FAQ.

You may want to contact your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

Now we have the following:

UC Software Version4.1.0.84959
BootROM Software Version4.4.0.0080

on a:

Phone ModelSoundStation IP 5000
Part Number3111-30900-001 Rev:F

Where in the webinterface is the option for disabling DTMF? 

Regards,

Thomas

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

as outlined already there is no button or tick box to disable DTMF.

What you can do is create a configuration file that contains the parameters to disable the DTMF functionality and import this file via the Web Interface.

Above replies already contain a link to the DTMF FAQ post that actually holds example files.

Simply just using:

<dtmf tone.dtmf.viaRtp="0"/>

would disable the standard DTMF within the RTP.

For further details please ensure to follow up with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support as outlined in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi

That didn´t help att all.

So we can´t still call to ex Genesys and hit  *code*.

The * just opens a new line for a new call.

Haven´t anyone else had this problem?

The digitmap as stated before is used before a call not in use during a call?

Regards,

Thomas

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

in fairness to all other community members who may find this post we should probably make them aware that the *code* comment is related to your original post => here <=

Changing your support object module log level to an event 3 within the Settings > Logging setting should show you if the phone uses a Digitmap in the Diagnostics > View & Download Logs section.

This is getting into Support / Troubleshooting now and as a Polycom employee I am unable to provide this via the community.

As prior suggested please raise this via your Polycom reseller and/or follow the advise in my signature.

You will need to provide a backup of your configuration, a wireshark trace via a spanned port including the phone booting up and a fresh app/boo log from a provisioning server including the start of the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.