Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Just got a rebuilt SoundStation IP 6000. I am using it with a 802.3af POE injector. Tried two injectors and all I get is the three lights on top blinking about every 5 seconds. The display stays blank. Do I need to use the Polycom injector cable, will it not work with an industry standard injector ? I see nothing in the docs that seems to indicate that ? All thoughs are welcome !

Thanks,

Denis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Denis

I am not aware of any specific pattern indicating an issue and I would have to look at the physical unit with a special cable to determine if the unit is faulty or not.

WIthout knowing the MAC address I cannot look up the unit and its history internally. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Denis F,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure what rebuilt means but is this a second hand unit and/or can you provide more details on this unit?

The SSIP6000 does support standard IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

This is a refurbished unit, apparently it was returned somewhere and they fixed/checked it out and resold it.

Since my POE device (both of them !) don't seem to power this unit, can you tell me the Polycom part numbers that I would need to buy ?

Also, what does it mean when all three LEDs blink every few seconds and the screen stays blank ? Perhaps this unit is broken ?

Thanks for your help,

Denis

HP Recommended

Hello Denis

as long as you PoE power supply supports the above PoE standard the unit should work.

The Part Number for a charger in the different areas in the world are:

2200-42740-001 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 6ft/1.8m power cord with NA plug and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-002 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord with Japan plug and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-012 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC. Includes PSU, POE Power Injector Cable and local cordset with Australia/New Zealand plug.
2200-42740-015 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord with UK plug and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-016 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord CEE 7/7 plug for Korea only and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-022 AC Power Kit for SoundStation 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord with China plug and PoE Power Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-119 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord with Switzerland plug and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-122 AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply, 1.8m power cord with CEE 7/7 plug and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC).
2200-42740-125 Universal AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. Includes 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC power supply and Power-over-Ethernet Insertion Cable (PIC). DOES NOT INCLUDE AC POWER CORD.
2215-07155-001 Expansion (EX) microphone kit for SoundStation VTX 1000 and SoundStation IP6000.  Includes two EX mics and two 7ft/2.3m cables.  Does not include China

The statement that someone else than Polycom has looked at the unit would make me worry as only Polycom can repair or service these units.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Great, thanks for that info.

Do tell though, what is indicated by the blinking LEDs and a blank screen ? I wouldn't want to buy the power adapter if this unit is faulty.

THanks,

Denis

HP Recommended

Hello Denis

I am not aware of any specific pattern indicating an issue and I would have to look at the physical unit with a special cable to determine if the unit is faulty or not.

WIthout knowing the MAC address I cannot look up the unit and its history internally. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.