Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 6000 Menu button disabled

Occasional Visitor

IP 6000 Menu button disabled

I just bought 2 used Sound Station IP 6000. Setup the ip address and can ping from my computer but cannot connect through browser. Also the menu button is disabled. Same behavior on both.  Any help will be appreciated. I need menu access to upgrade the firmware image.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Regular Advisor

Re: IP 6000 Menu button disabled

Jay,

The phones probably had access to the menu disabled. If possible do a factory reset to clear out any existing configuration. If the password has been changed you will need to open a support ticket with the original reseller.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-reset-Factory-defaul...
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

James thanks for the pointer. I rest the config using the <removed>. Still no luck to activate the menu softbutton to get the menu up. Its puzzling. Is there a place to check the firmware compatibilty by serial number, if they even support the browser access and the menu button activation.

SN# 0004F2E4689E    ver no. 4.0.4.2006   Sounstation IP 6000

Jay

Message 3 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello JayR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password. I have edited your reply and removed the reference.

The SSIP6000 is compatible with Software Version 4.0.9 as the latest at present.

The IP6000 has a Menu Hardkey so not knowing the history of the device any other than it was sold via Scansource back in 2010 its hard to guess what the previous owner has done with it.

If it is factory reset and can load a new software once the provisioning server is added then you should be fine.

Maybe a short Video of what you are trying to do may help.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Hi Stephan-

Oops did not mean to disclose the process. Does Polycom have a process to help on the IP 6000 phones.

Jay

Message 5 of 6
Regular Advisor

If the web page and menu do not work after a factory reset the phones might have a customized version of code on them.  Polycom dose this for some of their larger customers.  Or there might be a reason the phones were being sold = (.

Try setting up a provisioning server see if you can get them to the current version.  Personally I perfer FTP.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-my-Phone-Provisioning-Download-Upgrade/td-p...

Message 6 of 6