Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying a IP 6000 conference phone in the office of a very noisy factory (Lumber mill). When the remote person speaks, I hear a word or 2 then nothing, they can hear me (with a lot of background noise of course).

I assume this is due to the noise cancelling being overwhelmed.  Is there anything I can do to get this environment to work?

Noise cancel setting, config,  we tried to cover the microphones,   or ????    OR have I misunderstood the problem?

I'd appreciate any suggestions OR alternate setups   (i.e. headsets with noise cancelling mics,   partition the conference room with noise cancelling material,   go elsewhere for the conference (Not a good solution) or ???

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi wrh099,

You might try moving the phone to a quieter environment to see if the issue persists. If it does not, you are right, and the background noise is overwhelming the noise cancellation features on the phone.

-James

HP Recommended

There are some mic gain settings that are documented that you might have success adjusting. The official stance from polycom is not to ever mess with them on pain of death, but reducing the handsfree analog rx gain might get you what you want - possibly in combination with increasing the digital rx gain. I have to admit I have had to tweak in these settings a bit for persistent people who think that a speakerphone isn't working properly unless it's louder than a car stereo -- you may know them as the same folks who hold their cell phones to their heads on speakerphone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.