Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 650 external hookswitch

DES_SST
Occasional Visitor

IP 650 external hookswitch

I am trying to interface a Polycom  IP 650 phone w/ a radio dispatch console and I need to know how to trigger an "Off-hook" condition on  the phone, independent of any headset or handset.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 650 external hookswitch

Hello DES_SST,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have a partnership with certain Headset Manufacturers that use this kind of automatic functionality but as far as I am aware this is under NDA.

A mechanical/electrical Solution can therefore, to my knowledge, not easily been archived. 

You could utilize the HTTP XML API in order to receive Notifications from the Phone to be notified of an incoming call and then send an XML command to the Phone to answer the call.

The same can be used for outgoing calls.

The new UCS 4.0.0 release just introduced additional options and I would recommend to post in the Technology & Solution Developers Forum => here <= to get maybe some ideas of other enthusiast.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2