Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

During bootup of the phone, after the "updating bootrom.ID" screen, I get an error that says "image is not compatible with the phone".

After this, the phone continues to boot, but after it boots, it freezes and reboots, and does the same thing.

Any help or insite with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello ryan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are attempting to upgrade to UCS 4.0.x or newer or does the phone at the bottom have a label identifying it as a Beta Unit?

If you want to update to UCS 4.0.x please check the details as shown => here <= as you need to utilize the updater / upgrader.

If it is a Beta unit then you will not be able to install any Software that is publicly available and you should return the Unit to Polycom as this is the property of Polycom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response Steffen.

It is not a Beta unit, nor am i currently trying to upgrade UCS. I am only trying to make this phone boot properly.

HP Recommended

Hello,

so have you got any more details or a log from your provisioning server what the phone is actually attempting to download?

Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here is the boot.log for the phone that I am trying to get working. Let me know if you need more information from me.

HP Recommended

Well,

you are running SIP 3.2.4.0267 and BootROM 4.3.0.0246  so I suggest (not knowing where or what Image you actually downloaded) to download => this <= and unzip it into the directory overwriting the files.

This will load SIP 3.2.4 on the Phone and boot the phone.

For further support I can only recommend to work with your Polycom Reseller, use the forum search or wait for another community member to help you. In my role as a Polycom Employee I am unable to provide you with free support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I loaded to appropriate SIP from that file onto the server, but I am still getting the same "image is not compatible with the phone".

Thank you for the help that you have given Steffen. Hopefully someone has ran into this problem and is able to shine some light on a solution.

-Ryan

HP Recommended

Hello,

are you sure the Unit does not have a Beta Sticker at the bottom?

Can you send me an email with the MAC Address starting with 0004?

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have a Pcom IP5000 that does the exact same thing. I am wondering abou the beta thing ...how do you tell? Does it simply have a sticker that says BETA? ALso did you ever figure it out? I have phoen down for a month that says the same thing and at 4 to 5 hundered a piece its hard to buy a new one just to get around a software issue?

Please advise?

HP Recommended

Hello IPTECH1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you have purchased the phone from a reputable source there should be no problem.

The FAQ contains:

Jan 04, 2013 Question: What does the message "Image is not compatible" mean?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The easiest way to check this if you post the serial number starting with 0004F

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.