Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an IP 650 which has been working fine for some time. 

However, upon a power down and restart (due to the desktop UPS it is plugged into having a battery replaced), it is now locked up on the "Welcome! Processing configuration... This may take a few seconds."  page.  Attempting to reboot, we can interrupt the boot and get into the network setup page. It is appropriately getting an IP address from the DHCP server, says that it loading sip.cfg, but then stops at the aforesaid screen. I've left it for days -- no change.  

Nothing has changed on the VOIP server it is connecting to.  Other IP phones are connecting fine.

The only change to the infrastructure was that at the same time this maintenance (replacement of the UPS battery) occurred, we also restarted the DHCP server, so the phone has a different IP address than it did before the power down and reboot.

This screen reflects the IP address, which is correct given our DHCP server, but the web server in the phone is not functional -- trying to reach that IP with a browser fails.  I can, however, ping that IP address, so something is still working in there.

Any thoughts on next steps?  I've considered trying to figure out how to clean the phone of all settings and see if it re-configuring from scratch would work.  Some sort of factory reset? However, I've not been able to figure out how to do that, if it is possible.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello richard-parker,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You could also try and update the software

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello richard-parker,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You could also try and update the software

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The rebooting / resetting worked in my case except getting the timing of the keypresses was important.

Note that the reboot key press options are only available at certain times. In my case, when the phone was locked at the "Welcome" screen, nothing would work.  Powering off and on and interupting the boot cycle at network options allowed the reboot to take place (note that you must hold the keys simultaneously and hold them for 1 1/2 to 2 seconds).  The "resetting to factory defaults" keypress was a bit more timing specific and it took a few times to get it.  In our case, it only worked during the reboot countdown and all of the keys had to be pressed during most of that reboot countdown.

Once the reset was done and the configuration was re-loaded via ftp, everything was back to normal.  We did not upgrade any firmware. I still have no explanation as to why it happened in the first place.

Thanks for the advice, Steffen.

HP Recommended

Hello richard,

The above FAQ post does mention:

You can use a multiple key combination to reset your phone to the factory defaults. Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays

Thanks for verifying that this worked for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.