Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, Guys

I'm hoping you can help.

Somehow one of our company phones has got a problematic web admin login.

I did the factory reset of hodling down the 4 keys as you reboot (4, 6, 8 and * for the IP 650) and then entered > removed by the moderator as this is not publicly disclosed by Polycom <.  After doing this, it prompted me to set a proper phone admin password, which I successfully did.

However, I need to follow through and do a full factory reset, not just the admin side of the phone, but all of the settings, so that it is as clean as a brand new phone.

I was told to go to the menu, then "Settings" and "Advanced" and in there would be a password prompt.  The next screen should offer 'Admin Settings', however all I see is "Change User Password..." and "Reboot Phone...".

I really need to wipe this phone completely, but I cannot find any other options in the phone menu.

I still cannot get IN to the web interface menu, so please don't send me there! 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Also, if I try to get into the setup of the phone during the boot cycle, none of the passwords work.  I have tried 456, I have tried the one I set as the new user password.

HP Recommended

Hello Lisa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not publicly supply the process on how to reset a lost password as explained => here <= and I did therefore edit your original post.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post and the admin guide explain:

Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is part of my problem. I go to the advanced settings, but only see "Change User Password..." and "Reboot Phone..." - I DO NOT SEE an "Admin Settings..." option at all!

HP Recommended

Hello Lisa,

this is normal as you have not reset the phone yet.

Please follow the linked FAQ post or check the Admin guide.

You need to reboot the phone and then press the multiple key combination for the factory reset, on a SPIP650:

• 4, 6, 8, and * dial pad keys

You then get prompted to add above removed procedure and the Password is reset to its original 456.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Please read my first post.

HP Recommended

Hello Lisa,

I am not 100 % sure if you follow the correct procedure as you call it "when you reboot".

The correct way is as follows:

1. Power off the phone
  2. Power on the phone
  3. Wait until you see the 10 second countdown or press cancel and then wait for the countdown.
  4. Press the correct multiple key combination
  5. The phone will prompt you for the password
  6. Add the not publicly discussed procedure and the phone will reboot

If you did this then the phone must be picking up it's "old" configuration containing the "changed" password and therefore not enabling you access to the Admin Menu.

The Password from factory default would be 456. If you add 123 or 456 only gives you above menu option then the phone is loading its configuration from the server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Lisa,

Once you have done the factory reset, the phone will be "as new".

However, if you have the DHCP boot options (66 etc) configured on your network, the phone will immediately reprovision itself, and download the config file containing the admin password that seems to be causing you grief.

Perhaps you need to connect the phone to a different network, to ensure that it's not reprovisioning itself after you reset it.

HP Recommended

We have moved from one voip provider to another. Our initial provider supplied us with Above phone. We have now moved to the new provider and they have discovered that the Admin password is not the righht one so two of our Polycom phones are useless at the moment. The other phone is an IP 335

Can anyone help??????????????

HP Recommended

Hello Capital,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

Please contact our support team .

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.