Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I really do not understand the position of polycom.  I too have a phone with a new and unknow admin password that is currently blocking my phone.  I tried the reboot with the 468* then enter the 456 standard password but with no success.  Somewhere I read we could enter the <removed by the moderator> and again with no success to reset the phone.  I called polycom and since I am not a certified polycom tech they will not help me with this.  If I want to, for a nominal fee of approx $150 they are willing to help me. That is such a scam!!!!!

Polycom, we purchase your products which are somehow blocked by the selling party and rendering them useless after leaving the old provider.  I really do not need a phone look alike paper weight.  I need someone to help me reset the phone to factory default.  The phone's admin password has been changed thus the standard reply of using the 456 password is out of the quesiton.  Can anyone else tell me how to reset the phone without paying for service more than the phone is worth.

HP Recommended

Hello fotekp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Again, as stated in other replies, I have removed part of your post, as we do not publicly broadcast the method of removing the changed password.

This community is the official Polycom community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

We will remove any post or part of a post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

You former commercial relationship, who sold you the phone, should remove or share the password they have changed.

We cannot control what is posted on other web sites.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How do I wipe my Polycom IP 650 SIP phone so that it is as clean as if it just came out of the box? I already reset the factory password to 456. I like most of the people here, have a config file that is over riding the Menu option so don't send me there. Can you direct me on the procedure to completely wipe the phone clean through the key pad, as i don't have access to the GUI as I mentioned, I can't connect to the phone at all due to a config file on the phone.

HP Recommended
Hello DCD

I had already replied to this kind of question above your post and will therefore close this post

Best Regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.