Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm using Asterisk 1.8 with IP 650's.  I had the paging/intercom feature nailed with the leagacy 3.2.x software, but I'm having some problems in 4.x.

I've got the phone picking up with the Auto Answer feature, with:

<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.SIP>
<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer"/>

But I can't figure out how to set the ring time to lower than whatever is default (I assume 2000 ms?).

Does anyone have a sample configuration file I could see where I could adjust the default ring time?

It used to be done with 

<RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer"
se.rt.4.timeout="100" se.rt.4.ringer="2" se.rt.4.callWait="6"
se.rt.4.mod="1"/>

But that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-M@

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I can see from the phone's logs:

sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.name" found, ignoring.
1212124005|cfg |4|03|Prm|sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.type" found, ignoring.
1212124005|cfg |4|03|Prm|sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.timeout" found, ignoring.
1212124005|cfg |4|03|Prm|sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.ringer" found, ignoring.
1212124005|cfg |4|03|Prm|sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.callWait" found, ignoring.
1212124005|cfg |4|03|Prm|sip.cfg: Unknown parameter "se.rt.4.mod" found, ignoring.

HP Recommended

Hello mfandy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The first question I should ask is if you are using LYNC.

If the above is no then you should not run UCS 4.1.0 on a SPIP 650 as it is a LYNC only release.

If you have recently upgraded from SIP 3.2.x to UCS 3.3.x or even UCS 4.x.x or UCS 5.x.x you should convert your existing configuration files using the cfctility.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 03, 2012 QuestionWhat is the cfcUtility and where can I get it?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains the changes and how to use the tool.

The Parameter you have been previously been using has changed into:

se.rt.<ringClass>.timeout

In your example:

se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="100"

Again the FAQ explains the whole ringtone chapter here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Oh....well....color me stupid.

Ok, downloading 4.0.4 now.  Wish me luck!

-M@

HP Recommended

I've flashed to the 4.0.4 firmware, and still wasn't able to get a page to answer without a 2 rings.

But based on your reply, I googled around and found this:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/No-tone-on-Auto-Answer/td-p/19338/page/2

and in particular, this:

<se>
  <se.rt>
    <se.rt.ringAutoAnswer se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.name="Ring Answer" 

se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer1" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="500" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.type="ring-answer">
    </se.rt.ringAutoAnswer>
  </se.rt>

</se>

Inserting that bit of code fixed me right up.  Of course, I adjusted the timeout to 100 ms.  But it's working beautifully.

Thanks for the help!

-M@

HP Recommended

Hello mfanady,

the quoted FAQ post shows as Example 2 how to setup a ring tone and action. As a suggestion it uses the ringAutoAnswer method.

Simply importing the suggested configuration from the attached ringAutoAnswer.zip file does exactly what it describes.

The Phone rings once audibly and then automatically answers the call as described in detail within the FAQ post.

As your initial question was how to lower the time period I provided you with the relevant parameter which simply would have to be added to the already provided configuration.

This would look like this and answer the call after 500 milliseconds:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Tue Aug 23 16:59:18 2011 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="ringAutoAnswer" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer10" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="500"/>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>
</polycomConfig>

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.