Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 7000: BootROM to Updater

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

IP 7000: BootROM to Updater

Hello,

My IP 7000 phone is currently running BootROM 4.1.2 and SIP 3.1.2

Can I jump right away to Updater 5.0.1 & UC 4.0.4 using a Provisioning Server?

Are there any special steps to be followed other than dropping the files, updater & UC files,  on the FTP Server?

If something goes wrong, can I roll back to BootROM 4.1.2 and SIP 3.1.2?

Please advise

Ariel

Ariel Coloma
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 7000: BootROM to Updater

Hello Ariel,

1. Go to UC Software 3.3.5 / BootROM 4.3.1
  2. Finally go to UC Software 4.0.8 Updater 5.0.8

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello Ariel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

You need to follow the document that is linked when you are trying to download the software completely and ensure that you are also placing the updater into the directory.

A direct update from any older Version is possible but you may want to bring it to a 3.3.x first and then go to 4.0.8

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot for your qucik reply Steffen!

Sorry but I am new to Polycom, when you say "3.3.x first and then go to 4.0.8", do you mean the BootROM or SIP versions or both?

Also, if the staggered upgrade is needed to keep the settings, I am willing to start fresh and just do the settings from the beginning..

I will try your recommendation and will surely provide a feed back.

Ariel Coloma
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello Ariel,

1. Go to UC Software 3.3.5 / BootROM 4.3.1
  2. Finally go to UC Software 4.0.8 Updater 5.0.8

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Great!

Thanks a lot Steffen.

Your quick and concise replies already deserve a Kudos!

Ariel Coloma
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot Steffen!

Your solution worked as expected.

Here is what I did:

1. Upgrade the IP 7000 phone from  BootROM 4.1.2 and SIP 3.1.2   to BootROM 4.3.1 & UC 3.3.5

2. Upgrade the BootROM 4.3.1 & UC 3.3.5 with SoundPoint_IP_BootROM_4_4_0B_Upgrader included in  the provisioning server.

2. Upgrade to Updater 5.0.8 & UC 4.0.8., the latest release of Updater & UC applications.

Ariel Coloma
Message 6 of 6