Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently use an IP 7000 as a phone and an external speaker/microphone for Skype calls by connecting the laptop audio jacks to the IP 7000 audio I/O jack with an interface cable.  The sound comes out of the IP 7000 and the mics from the IP 7000 feed into the laptop.  However, the jack on the IP 7000 is fragile and prone to user error.

Can the Multi Interface Module (MIM) provide the same functionality (where I can connect a laptop and use the 7000 as an external speaker/mic)?  Most of the information I have found on the MIM deals with adding additional external speakers and mics, not using the 7000 as an external speaker for another device.  I see that the MIM has both audio input and output jacks, so can these be used to connect to a laptop?  If so, how can one switch between using the laptop and making regular phone calls?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.