Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 7000 and simple SIPs Provider

Occasional Contributor

IP 7000 and simple SIPs Provider

This IP7000 Business phone is driving me crazy!!!

What do i have to do to get this device working with a simple SIPs telephoneCenter (Auerswald COMmander 6000R)

It is so incredible bad, receiving a phone for round about 700EUR with Firmware from, i don't know, 1990? (v3.3.3)

Setting up an tftpd for upgrading this **bleep** phone is really annoying.

But it is up2date right now.

So, what is the magic bit....what do i have to do to get this working?

I have the server IP, the username and the password, all you need for a SIP Connection, but the phone isn't conencting...why?

Cheers

Christian

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 7000 and simple SIPs Provider

Hello Christian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 17, 2014 Question:What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

it is/was so annoying, buying a phone for much money and receiving this phone with an antique firmware installed (3.3..)

The update process is annoying too, no good documentation, just hundreds or thousands of Readme Files...but nothing like "HERE YOU GO! Update your phone in 1-2-3 steps"

I found a solution in another forum/wiki where somebody was also frustrated by this process...

No it seems to work, but the SIPs Connection isn't working.

At http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Can-I-register-my-Polycom-Phone-with-a-XYZ-SIP-Server/td-p/... i can't find any HowTo's for the IP7000.

Cheers

Christian

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

HelloChristian ,

as already explained:

Sep 17, 2014 Question:What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains in detail why we ship our phones with a certain software version and also allows you access to documents stating when we make changes to the delivered software version.

Polycom does not have any control how long a reseller stores our phones before shipping these to end customers.

According to our November 2014 Product Shipping Configuration Change Notice the SSIP 7000 should be shipped with UC Software 4.0.4 if purchased after November 2014.

This indicates that the reseller who you purchased the phone from may have had this phone prior to the above in their stock. This is completely outside Polycom's control.

In regards to upgrading the phone you could simply follow the FAQ here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains this in minute detail and should be rather simple to follow.

In regards to your SIP Registration, there is no individual Phone instruction as our phones all use the same interface. If you have a SIP account and the password simply add these as shown in the already provided FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4